Thursday, February 26, 2009

Sick people

Last year I was able to buy a most coveted new toy, my Canon 40D Digital SLR camera. I'd been wanting one for a while and was able to talk my wife into letting me get one after we lost a number of photos on our trip to Sesame Place with the kids. There is no greater tragedy in life than losing 100 pictures of your kids with Elmo, Big Bird, Zoey and the Cookie Monster.

As a direct result of my new purchase, I wanted a new place to house all of my wonderful new photos. It was something I probably should have a done a while ago as a second backup to archiving old photos on DVD's. I've been a bit of an amateur photography buff for a while since I bought my first digital camera, a one megapixel Olympus 360 with no zoom and a 64 MB memory card, about 10 years ago and I've been picture crazy every since (Oh how times have changed; the 40D, while not even close to the most amount of pixels you can get, is 10 megapixels and I have 6GB of combined memory). So, I opened a "Pro" Flickr account so I could share the photos more readily and have a nice backup just in case.

For those of you who don't use Flickr, the site allows you to put permissions on photos to limit who can see them. For the most part, minus several risque photos from our pre-children Putnam Investment party days, most of my pictures are public.

They also have a stats section that shows you which photos are being viewed. Out of curiousity, I check it every once in a while. From about 9 months worth of checking this information, one thing has become abundantly clear to me, if it wasn't already.....

People are sick.

Of the most viewed public photos, here are the most popular.

1. Viewed 107 times. Why, you might ask? What is the incredible draw to this seemingly PG-rated photo? The answer.....the name. The file name is "strapon". The inflatable item you see this woman holding is actually a gag strap-on item which is made to resemble a my penis. So, there are people out there searching for "strapon". Is Flickr really the best place to be looking for this? I can name have heard of many sites which might be better suited for this type of search.


2. Viewed 19 times. I can kind of see the draw on this one. People are probably accessing the pic from a thumbnail and don't realize what's "under the drapes" so to speak.


3. Viewed 17 times. I've removed the top part of the photo to protect the innocent. I don't understand the draw on this one as much. Apparently there is a large group of people looking for pictures of transexuals with penises shaped like horses?


4. Viewed 14 times. Named strapon2, enough said.


It is just scary to think of the people that live right under our noses. With this in mind, it is no wonder why my wife changed the name of her blog to exclude our last name.

3 comments:

  1. Wasn't that actually a hat? I mean, I have no idea where you got those pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was it? I don't know. I just see her trying to put it around her waist.

    Kind of reminds me of "The Accomodator" :)

    ReplyDelete